Presenter: Tracy Baker
DITA Industry Consultant
Tracy is a tech writer turned content architect who has been creating and optimizing content and content systems for almost 25 years. She’s passionate about simplifying complexity and optimizing resources. As a DITA Industry Consultant, she’s a big fan of tools that make work easier and more efficient, like Heretto from Jorsek, Inc.
Host: Scott Abel
Founder, CEO, Chief Strategist, The Content Wrangler
About the Presentation
Learn strategies for saying “no” to reclaim some time (and sanity) while still meeting obligations.
Content creators often fin dit difficult to say “no” to people, but it’s especially true in the work world.
“Can you just…?”
“Would you please…?”
Any content creator has heard infinite different versions of these small favors. Seemingly small requests like these are so pervasive in our content creation world, we’ve become numb to the negative effects of always saying yes.
We’re also so buried in the work, that we can’t find the time to look for, and learn, the tools and resources that can free our time for the really important stuff (instead of the drudgery!).
In this session, we’ll talk about strategies for using the power of no to get back some time and sanity while still meeting goals, obligations, and commitments.
Attendees will learn:
- Saying “no” is not a negative thing
- Techniques for saying “no” (that don’t alienate, anger, or escalate)
- Collaboration tools and software to optimize your time and workflows
- It’s Called Customer Experience, Not Prospect Experience - October 14, 2021
- Selling the Value of Content Deliverability - October 6, 2021
- Should You Get a Technical Writing Certification in 2022? Top Programs to Consider - September 16, 2021